SHS COVID-19 Procedures
Revised January 12, 2022
With the rise in positivity and the changes from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services along with the Kentucky Department of Public Health, we have revised our Covid-19 operating procedures. The guidelines from the state have been approved by our local health department.
Please remember to follow the prevention strategies implemented since the beginning of Covid-19:
- Wear a mask indoors.
- Remind students and colleagues to wear their masks correctly.
- Physical distancing from others of at least 3 feet is recommended, if possible.
- Ventilate your room or office, if possible.
- Handwashing with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Get vaccinated and make sure you receive your booster when eligible.
We will continue with the universal use of masking.
Universal masking enables SHS to implement the following isolation and quarantine procedures:
- Quarantine all individuals who test positive for at least 5 days.
- No contact tracing is needed for at-school exposures.
- No quarantine for at-school exposures.
- For activities where universal masking is not possible, i.e., lunch or athletics, and exposures that occur outside of the school setting, contact tracing and quarantine may be necessary.
According to the State of Kentucky:
- Fully vaccinated students ages 5-17 are those who have received two vaccines and are 14 or more days from their last dose.
- Persons 18+ who are fully vaccinated are those who have completed their recommended Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Persons (who had a) documented Covid-19 illness in the 3 months prior to their exposure (documented through a PCR test}
SHS may employ a “Test to Stay” program for students and faculty, if viable and tests available.