Mission, Vision and Core Values
World-Class Learning for World-Ready Leaders
Sacred Heart Schools is defining excellence in education in the twenty-first century. From its founding by the Ursuline Sisters in 1877 as the Academy of the Sacred Heart, Sacred Heart Schools has been creating enlightened scholars, compassionate leaders of high character and responsible citizens who make a difference across Kentucky and around the world. With its global alumni reach and extraordinary impact, SHS continues its proud tradition of transforming lives.
Sacred Heart Schools, a Catholic community rooted in the Ursuline tradition, inspires diverse learners to become globally minded, compassionate leaders.
Sacred Heart Schools strengthens and continues the educational ministry of the Ursuline Sisters who have served in Louisville, Kentucky, since 1858. Sacred Heart Schools is a unified system of educational entities:
- rooted in the teaching mission of the Catholic Church
- rooted in the tradition of the Ursuline Sisters, founded by Angela Merici
- committed to education which affirms and enhances the dignity of each individual
- committed to promoting community, reverence, service and leadership
- animated by the charism of Angela Merici—a contemplative love of God and an openness and eagerness to serve the needs of others
To be an internationally recognized Catholic school that inspires students, empowers faculty and transforms the world.
Community, Reverence, Service and Leadership