Archdiocese of Louisville Catholic Schools Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
On Wednesday, March 11, Governor Andy Beshear told school leaders in Kentucky to prepare for possible school closings for a period of time as one of several preventive measures to address the COVID-19 outbreak. Archdiocese of Louisville Catholic schools are preparing to respond to Governor Beshear’s recommendation out of concern for the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff members, and parish, school, and local communities. When we receive the parameters of Governor Beshear’s recommendation, we will communicate with our Catholic school leaders who, in turn, will inform parents.
The Archdiocese of Louisville currently has a policy and guidelines that allow our schools to use online/alternative instruction in the event of inclement weather or other emergency. The Catholic schools in which your children are enrolled will communicate specific information directly to you about those requirements.
For current information on COVID-19, please check the Kentucky web site: www.kycovid19.ky.gov
We are continuing to emphasize and follow these good hygiene practices:
- Voluntary Home Isolation: Stay home when you are sick with respiratory disease symptoms. Now, these symptoms are more likely due to influenza or other respiratory viruses than to COVID-19-related
- Respiratory Etiquette: Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw it in the trashcan. Cough into
- Hand Hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%- 95%
- Use “elbow bumps” instead of
- Environmental Health Action: Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects
We ask everyone to check the CDC site for guidance and recommendations on postponing or canceling travel. A list of destinations with travel notices is available at:
Please check this information if you have travel plans. Our schools are also monitoring this information.
Superintendent of Schools