I began my tenure as the President of Sacred Heart Schools in July 2020 with optimism and excitement for our collective future that continues to grow. I am honored to be a part of the Sacred Heart Schools’ mission; to inspire diverse learners to become globally-minded compassionate leaders.
At the heart of an Ursuline education are compassion, gratitude, and a longing to serve others.
I am humbled to continue this legacy.
My first-year priorities for SHS continue to be:
- The successful and healthy reopening of all four schools
- The creation and execution of an intentional and accountable Strategic Plan for the next five years
- An enhanced and accountable campus culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- The continued incorporation of the International Baccalaureate program throughout campus
- A continued strong relationship with and commitment to the Ursuline Sisters
In my first 90 days, I met with various constituent groups, virtually and in-person. I listened, learned, and reflected to develop a concrete plan to move SHS forward throughout the remainder of my first year and beyond.
At SHS, we are making connections, exploring relationships between academic disciplines, and connecting learning to the world outside our walls. Quite simply, we are teaching our students how to change the world and empowering them for success.
I look forward to continuing to build meaningful relationships with our SHS community and furthering the mission and vision of our schools.
Together in Heart,
Dr. Karen T. McNay