Tuition, Financial Aid and Scholarships
Tuition for the 2017-2018 school year is $13,200. This includes the $300 tuition deposit due at registration to hold your daughters place in the class. A separate $250 technology fee is assessed each year for lease of the student's iPad. Tuition covers most other fees and student yearbook. It may be paid as a one-time payment or in 10 monthly payments. There is a $150 discount for one-time payments.
Here at Sacred Heart Academy, we know that an excellent education is an investment in your daughter's future. Therefore, we are dedicated to providing financial assistance to as many families with demonstrated financial need as possible. For the 2017-2018 school year, SHA awarded nearly $1 million in financial assistance and scholarships to qualified students. Below you will find information outlining the steps on how to apply for aid.
The Archdiocese of Louisville and Sacred Heart Academy use the FACTS Management Company to manage financial aid forms. For your convenience, the FACTS form can be completed online beginning December 15, 2017 via the button below. Please carefully read all of the information on this page before proceeding.
SHA families seeking financial aid must complete the FACTS aid form by February 28, 2018 to be considered in the first round of awards. Please note that SHS allocates most, if not all, financial aid resources during this initial round. Aid is need-based and is awarded on a first come, first served basis. Those applying after this deadline will likely have more limited access to funds. We strongly encourage all those seeking aid to complete the application process by February 28, 2018.
Financial Aid notifications for families meeting the February 28 deadline will be distributed to families the week of April 2, 2018.
SHA cannot award incoming freshmen students until they have completed the High School Placement Test.Transfer students must complete a transfer application before they may be considered for financial aid. You may contact the SHA Enrollment Office at 502.896.3926 for additional information.
Sacred Heart Schools will host a financial aid workshop on January 10th, 2018 from 6:30 until 8:00 p.m. Representatives from the SHS business office and FACTS will be on hand to answer questions and to help families complete the online aid forms.
Before proceeding with the financial aid application, please note the following:
- If you have more than one child in an Archdiocese school, you only need to complete one financial aid form. Deadlines for completion and notification dates may vary between schools.
- The FACTS form requires a nominal administrative fee (disclosed on the form).
- FACTS requires detailed copies of 2016 tax return information. Required items are outlined on the FACTS form. FACTS does not require information from 2017 tax returns, as many families will not have this information yet.
- NEW: If you applied for financial aid last year and submitted 2016 tax return information, FACTS should be able to rollover the tax documents you submitted last year. This will prevent you from having to resubmit the same information again. For this to work, the applicant must (1) enter the user i.d. that was used last year and (2) ensure that the social security number(s) used last year matches what is used this year.
- Financial aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For questions about your financial aid award, please email FinancialAid@shslou.org or call 502.896.3911.
Sacred Heart Academy awards renewable four-year merit-based scholarships to freshmen who score in the top 5% at SHA on the High School Placement Test. Only students who take the High School Placement Test at Sacred Heart Academy on the assigned testing dates (including the make-up date) are eligible for academic scholarships based on their test scores. These scholarships range from $1,000 - $3,000. Click here to learn more about the High School Placement Test.
Other scholarships available that require a demonstration of need ("need-based") require a family to submit a financial aid application to FACTS. The scholarships vary in amounts and in the qualifications for consideration.
Scholarship information for the 2018-2019 school year will be made available starting in January 2018. To view available scholarships, visit the scholarships page. This year, those interested in applying for need-based scholarships will be required to complete a brief online scholarship form (available on the scholarships page in January) in addition to completing the FACTS form.
For more information about scholarships, please contact the SHS Institutional Advancement Office at (502)736.6467.