Mission and Vision
‘Learners to Leaders’. Sacred Heart Schools is defining excellence in education in the twenty-first century. From its founding by the Ursuline Sisters in 1877 as the Academy of the Sacred Heart, Sacred Heart Schools has been creating enlightened scholars, compassionate leaders of high character and responsible citizens who make a difference across Kentucky and around the world. With its global alumni reach and extraordinary impact, SHS continues its proud tradition of transforming lives.
Sacred Heart Schools is a community of Catholic schools, sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters and dedicated to educating the whole person in academics, arts, athletics, and spirituality.
Sacred Heart Schools strengthens and continues the educational ministry of the Ursuline Sisters who have served in Louisville, Kentucky, since 1858. Sacred Heart Schools is a unified system of educational entities:
- rooted in the teaching mission of the Catholic Church,
- rooted in the tradition of the Ursuline Sisters, founded by Angela Merici,
- committed to education which affirms and enhances the dignity of each individual,
- committed to promoting community, leadership, reverence, and service,
- animated by the charism of Angela Merici—a contemplative love of God and an openness and eagerness to serve the needs of others.
To be a nationally recognized Catholic community and premier character-building academic institution where teachers want to teach, students want to learn, and others want to be.
Community, Leadership, Reverence and Service